Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Kicking off Project: Pinterest

Howdy!

Today was our photography club field trip!  It was a total blast!  We went to the cities to see the General Mills photography studio.  This was the highlight for me!


I really loved this place because of the honesty they put into their work.  They use all real products in their shoots.  They left over food gets eaten by staff and unopened boxes are donated to the food shelf.  Don't you want to go to that food shelf!  A former graduate of our school is now the food stylist there.  Everything was so interesting to see and watch!  I wish we would have been able to talk to the photographers a little more, but the trip was so worth it!  They also showed us how they do some really artsy photos that were entered into competitions.  They all featured General Mills products as well!
There is just so much to talk about General Mills, but I haven't the time or space!  I would definitely consider working at General Mills! 

After that it was off to lunch!


To get some more variety into my diet this week, I bought a regular Berry UpBEET Smoothie!  It was tasty!  I hardly could finish it all since I'm used to drinking juice and not having it be so thick!  I was stuffed afterwards.

After lunch, we were off the the Minnesota Institute of Arts.


I went straight for the photography section to see what I could see...

Dorthea Lange's "Migrant Mother" is a very powerful photo.

Chuck Close's painting from a photograph of "Frank."  Chuck Close is one my favorites.  He does amazing work!

The weather was getting icky (slushy and icy.. yes, in April.. This is Minnesota after all!), so we cut our visit short and went on to our next stop of Mariposa Custom Framing.


This is where they make the frames.  With the tools they have, it takes about 5 minutes to cut and assemble a frame.  My mother would be so jealous!


This is three of about six walls covered with frame samples.  It was so crazy!

After Mariposa, we were on our way back home!

After coming home, I had some Kefir for supper and put together the title of this post!  Project: Pinterest!

If you have Pinterest, you know that so much gets pinned, and nothing gets done!  So I'm challenging myself to do all the work outs I have pinned on Pinterest!  If there is not a minimum time specified in the work out, I will be doing it for two weeks long.  So since today was Tuesday, I did a swimming workout from Women's Health Magazine and started the Color Run's 5k training week one.  Here are the links if you want to check them out.  Swim Workout and Color Run's 5k training.



I'll put my workouts I do on here tomorrow as well and keep you updated as to results and such!  Hope you have a wonderful night!  Stay safe if there's crazy Minnesota weather about you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment