Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Juicing + Project: Pinterest Update

I've been super busy with work, school and life.  I juiced for almost two weeks!  I did, however, eat steamed broccoli on Sunday afternoon.  My man and I went out for Chinese and he doesn't like he broccoli thats on the side, so I ate it.  I also had a bite of mashed potatoes on Monday, and a small serving of mashed potatoes on Tuesday.  But I haven't had anything solid since.  Unless you count my split pea soup I made on Sunday to eat this week.  It's technically not juiced, but blended, just like a smoothie!  Here's the recipe!

Fill a pot with water (or chicken broth) (about 4-6 cups) and let it boil.  Add three carrots shredded (my mom doesn't like the flavor of cooked carrots, so if you shred them. you don't taste them), one chopped onion, two stalks of chopped celery, and a bag of split peas.


The whole pot made five pints which was perfect!  I am able to have one pint a day.  And after eating sweet fruit juices and V8 Fusion, I needed something salty!


On Sunday night it was icky freezing rain, so I drove back to the apartment on Monday morning.  Here's an example of the awesome freezing rain.


Juicing has been going pretty good.  It was hard to resist food.  Like, really hard to resist free food!  But I did it!  Through it all, I lost six pounds!  I think juicing was really beneficial for me to teach me self control.  My skin also cleared up really nice!  Juicing is pure nutrients that your skin and body is craving!  Overall, juicing was a very good experience.  Next time I juice, I plan to do it in three day increments.  I got the results I wanted in those three days, so I don't feel the need to continue on.

On to...
Project: Pinterest!
Yesterday I did a swim workout from Livestrong.  Here is a quick run down:
4x50 freestyle
1x25 kicking
1x25 freestyle
1x25 single arm
1x25 freestyle
12x25 freestyle (kick every fourth)
6x50 pull
1x100 freestyle (push and glide)
1x100 easy freestyle

I rated this workout three out of five stars.  I didn't really like the single arm lap, but that's probably because I don't really know how to do it.  And I also thought the 12x25 freestyle should have been intermingled with the 6x50 pulling.  I felt like my effort was six out of ten.


I decided to start a fitness log.. in a good old notebook.  I feel like their are so many workout apps, but none do everything I want them to do.  So I just started my own!  I've started to rate how hard I pushed myself and how much I liked the actual workout.

Today's workout was from Fitness Magazine.  It was the "The Booty Camp Workout."  Here's a quick run through:
-Flyaways with light weight (5#) - 10 reps
-In-N-Out Lunges - 20 reps (10 diagonal, 10 crossover)
-Ski Boot Sit - 10 reps
-Duck Squat with light weight (5#) - 10 reps
-Tennis Shuffle - 10 each side
-Side Shaper - 5 each side (this was the hardest of them all!)
-Crunch and Lift - 12 reps
-Upside down Crunch - 10 for 5 counts

I rate this workout a 2 out of 5 stars.  It was difficult to keep the intensity up and some of the moves are hard to understand.  I probably won't do this workout again.  But if you're up to it: TRY IT!

I thought that because it was hard to keep up intensity, I give it 5 out of 10 for my effort.  I definitely could have tried a lot harder!

That's all I have for now, I hope to do a different Pinterest workout tomorrow!  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment