Monday, October 29, 2012

Getting Back into the Groove

It's been a month since I last spoke to you.  Much has happened and I don't have the time or space to touch on everything, so I'll mention a few things I've done and what I plan to do.

1.  I ran a whole 5k race without stopping!  My official time was 36:27.  I beat my goal of 40:00 and didn't walk (except when I drank a sip or two of water at the half way mark!)


This is my aunt and I after the race.  She ran/walked it and is planning to actually train for the next one we do! ;)

2.  I've become a lifeguard at the Y!  I think this is just another step closer to becoming a personal trainer!

3.  I'm starting helping with swimming lessons and soon will become an actual instructor!  This will also help me in the future of personal training!

4.  This week I've started a "Let's get serious about losing this last 50 pounds" diet and exercise regiment!

Todays meals included:


For breakfast: Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins from the Biggest Loser cookbook. They were quite delectable!

Lunch was homemade tomato soup and crackers.

An afternoon snack of a greek yogurt and banana.

Supper was a salad with light dressing and blue corn chips with homemade salsa.


My workout routine was as follows:

5:45- 6:30 AM: Boot camp (Cardio Monday!)
6:30-7:00 AM: stationary cycling
3:30- 3:55 PM: a quick run and cool down walk

"Why all this?" you may ask.. well!  I've decided to participate in a *dramatic chord* TRIATHLON!  It's in Alexandria on May 6th!  Here is all the information about it.  Join me if you dare!!  I already have about 4 others who are interested!  I'm excited to be doing it!

This triathlon is 600 yards (12 laps) in a pool (thank goodness! It's going to be cold in May!) then a 13 mile bike ride and a 2.8 mile run.  I'm so pumped!  I never thought I would ever be doing this!

So I've got a strict schedule for the week to see how well I can make it through!

5.  I'm starting personal swim lessons with our aquatic director and a fellow triathloner, Katie, to improve our technique and endurance.  I can't wait to get started!  Plus, since I'm a Y employee I get half off!  Woot!

Well I hope to be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment