Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Festivities


Hope you had a happy weekend!

I started mine out by sleeping in!  I awoke to a text from Dean asking if I was at the farmer's market.  Obviously I wasn't!  But it reminded me I wanted to go!  So I got up and got ready.  It was a chilly morning so I threw on some sweats.  This is what I love about fall!



I had a quick breakfast of pb&j toast.  Then it was off the the Y for the market.





It was significantly larger than the Becker Market, and had a wide variety of produce, gluten free options and crafts.

I didn't get anything since I knew I could go home and get it from mom's garden for free!



Lunch was a wacky variety of fresh pineapple, kiwi and cubes of cheddar cheese.  It was surprisingly tasty!



After I returned home I started packing up to go home.  I scheduled a senior portrait session in the afternoon so I needed to get home.  Mom wanted me to stop by the music store and get some books she had order.  It's connected to a coffee shop so got an Italian soda, but forgot to ask to have cream with it, so it wasn't as good as it could have been, but quite tasty nonetheless.

I got home and had a little time to catch up with mom and dad, then it was off to my photo shoot.



We had fun!



And I got some great shots!



Supper was really amazing!  Pork chops, baby boiled potatoes, homemade bread and steamed swiss chard.  I will just say it now, I hate Swiss chard!  To me, it tastes like dirt, but don't let me discourage you.  Please try it!  I know people who eat a lot of it and love it!  Plus, it's super healthy!



This morning we blasted the gospel music and had a lovely breakfast!



We had the Maranatha football team at our church Sunday morning.  It was so awesome!  They went through their "code" that they came up with as a team to keep each other accountable.  They also sang a few songs.  There is nothing like hearing 60 football players singing praises to God!



We fed them after church and I got a plate at the end.  I did not finish it all!  I did not need that much pasta! (I'm not a football player!)  But it was very tasty!

That night I went to visit my friend Adam from camp.  He was a counselor with me and we got to be pretty good friends.  His church was showing October Baby (early!).  It was so so good!  I would say it is a definite must see!


Monday has been pretty normal and boring.  I slept in again since I got home pretty late.  I didn't photography my food either but I'm looking forward to the rest of the week and my plan of attack for working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment