Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First Kickboxing Class!

Today is a day of remembering those who lost their lives on September 11th, 2001.  Eleven years ago today we watched the twin towers collapse and at that time is seemed like we were helpless.  What could we do?  Why did this happen?  Where was God?

Because of 9/11 our country became more unified and the attendances of churches across the nation skyrocketed.  But now, eleven years later, we go on with our lives.  I heard this morning on K Love that this Sunday is "Bring a Friend to Church" Sunday.  Reach out to someone, let them know that God still cares and invite them to church!  Because "nothing is impossible through Christ Jesus our Lord."

---

On to the day!!



Bright and early, well it was still dark at 5:20, I got up and made some coffee, read my Bible took a little 10 minute snooze then began preparations for the day.



I picked some fresh kale from the garden this weekend so I could make a smoothie one morning.  This was a tropical green smoothie!

1 oz kale, stems removed
4 oz fresh pineapple
1 oz frozen banana
1 oz frozen manjo
Pineapple juice

It would have been better had I a better blender, this one was kinda stringy from the kale not being broken up as much as I'd like it to be.  But the flavor was great!

Today's classes started with weight training.  I love this class so much!  I wish I didn't have a 9:00 class right after so I could stay longer.  But I got there early to do a little extra running.  I ran my fastest mile in 11:18!! Woot!  I was about to start lifting when another girl asked me if I wanted to run laps around the gym to warm up.  I agreed and we ran another 10 minutes.  I actually felt great!  This morning was a good time to run for me!

For lunch I had leftover homemade tomato soup with bow tie noodles in it! Yumm!  But I was in a hurry so I only had one bowl and was starving by 1:00 when I was done with classes.

But then it was off to the Y to work.  My supervisor is gone for a few days so he left me a list of things to finish.  It feels great to be on my own and feel like he knows I'm responsible enough to get things done!

It was off kickboxing class after work!  It was the first class and I loved it!  It was so hard!  This one was not at the Y.  It was through a woman my uncle know's from his job.  She used to work with him, then became a personal trainer/ Beachbody coach, etc.  Mandy is super nice!  And she's a great teacher!  I loved knowing a lot of the moves she does from different Beachbody workouts.  Here is her website: check it out!  (I'll be sure to add a pic of all the participants tomorrow- Mandy hasn't uploaded it to FB yet)

I love going to fitness classes.  I push myself so much more than when I'm doing it on my own.  I challenge myself and accomplish things I never thought I could do.

I'm already sore from working out this morning and tonight.  And tomorrow morning: Boot camp again!


Supper was reheated Mexican Quinoa and (the recovery drink of champions!) chocolate milk.  It was very satisfying after a long day!  Now it's off to bed!  Hope you have a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment