Wednesday, September 19, 2012

This and That

I've been so busy lately!  I've missed you though!  I'll give you a few highlights to let you know what's been up!

A few meals:


A fruit bowl for a small lunch.  For some reason I wasn't too hungry.  It contains: one pear, half a peach and one banana.  Very satisfying!


I finally ate that leftover hamburger!! I omitted the bread and finished off some homemade salsa!  I'm in need of a bit of a restock!


This is leftover roast Dean made last week.  It was quite tasty!!  The veggies were so nice and moist!  I don't remember what he seasoned it with, probably salt, pepper and garlic powder: his most common spices! ;)


I went grocery shopping for Dean again and there was a great deal on General Mills cereals and Cheerios were the only healthy kinds.  I got your boxes and then one box of Kix to relive some childhood memories.  My grandma used to have Kix in her kitchen all the time and that was my breakfast of choice at her house.


Cold lunch!  Peanuts and raisins: the best snack to curb hunger!  It has protein and a bit of sweetness from the raisins!  Add any kind of dried fruit for a little different flavor.  1:1 is a good ratio.

Festivities:

Mak had her third birthday party on Saturday.  She was dressed so cute!!


Joy made the tutu and I plan on making myself one in the future!

Of course, it was a birthday so it was my "free" day...


Grilled chicken with waffle fries.  It was so good!  And I hate to admit it, but I ate it all!  The waffle fries were good, but not quite as excellent as Chick-fil-a's!


Naomi (my sister-in-law Joy's cousin) and a Team Beachbody coach told me to make a progression shoot of my cake eating.  So apparently it took me 12 bites to eat half a piece of cake!

---

This week I've had a theme for myself to keep me motivated.  And I've used it before: Healthy Choices!  This week I've been working out like a mad woman!

Monday: Boot camp in the morning then a free Beachbody class from Fit with Mandy.  If you're in the Willmar area, come join us!  It's a 6:00 to 7:15ish at the Nelson Chiropractic Rehabilitation Center on 19th Ave.

Tuesday: Cycling class in the morning (or it's called "Spinning") and weight training class at 8:00.  I've started to get a routine going so I'll share that with you as soon as I've got it down to a pat!

Also on Tuesday at work I got to work the front desk!  Tim told me I would eventually get moved there, they have enough custodial workers right now.  I have just been doing a lot of odd jobs, like weed waking and watering trees.  I also got to work in Child Watch for about half an hour because they had about 30 kids and two workers.  That was pretty exciting too.  Can you tell my life is dull if I get excited about working different spots at work?!

Today I went to boot camp with Melissa as the instructor.  She was in the military and so she's hard core!  Lots of push ups and running!  I made it thought and she helps me out if I don't know what we're doing.

The harderst part was "Build a House."  It's basically a downward dog position (plank with your butt up in the air) in a line.  Then the person on one end crawls under everyone then gets back up at the end of the line and so on till you either get through everyone- or in Melissa's case, you get tot he end of the mat (about 2 1/2 times).

For breakfast I had Shakology.  Then packed a cold lunch of Kix, hummus and flatbread crackers, grapes and peanut/raisin mix.

I plan on running later today!  I hope you have a splendid Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment