Thursday, September 20, 2012

New Opportunities

I left you in the middle of a very good day yesterday!

After class, I asked a classmate of mine to go running with me!  She herself has lost about 30 pounds!  I don't know all the details of her weight loss journey, but she is a beautiful girl on the inside and out!  We ran about two miles (maybe even a little more?!).  She loves running and was totally okay with keep to my (slow) pace.  It was so fun and we plan on running again tomorrow!

I had a front desk meeting at work at four.  Supper was provided!  But it was pizza.  I'm amazed at how much I'd rather have a green smoothie or something "whole food-ish" than processed fast food pizza.  I had two small pieces then had a regular sized one.

I apologize for not photographing my food of late.  I need to get back into that!

After the meeting I was talking to Becky, our front desk manager, about scheduling me for the front desk.  I didn't know if I was going to still be part of custodial or front desk or both.  She gave me the biggest compliment ever!  She said that she knew Tim (my custodial/maintenance supervisor) would never let me go because he loved me!  And she was trying to be nice and let him keep me, but is waiting for the day that he will let her have me!  Haha!!  I didn't even hear what she said after that I was so happy!  Anyway, I am loving my job and apparently it's evident in my performance!

Church that evening was very convicting.  I am loving this Beth Moore study of Deuteronomy!

Today I had a cycling class in the morning, then weight training class.  I brought P90X with so I could do Ab Ripper X.  It killed!

Breakfast was two eggs, two slices of toast and a small glass of OJ.

Lunch was a potluck at school!  All the photography students brought food to pass!  I, of course had to bring my health food and brought Mexican Quoina.  Here is the recipe.  I followed it to a T this time.  I have to admit I didn't much care for the corn in it.  I only really like corn on, well, corn.  I don't like it in salsa, on a salad or in my Mexican Quonia!  And I think I like it made with salsa rather than the tomatos with zesty jalapeños.  It gives it a different richer flavor.  Of course, you have to have homemade salsa! ;)

Classes got out early today and I worked about and hour and a half more than I usually would today.  I worked the front desk from 3-6 and met a kindred heart.  Katie is working toward becoming a personal trainer and is totally into healthy eating!  (She even knew that quonia was!  I think that's pretty impressive!)  We were told we wouldn't be "besties" we'd be "foodies!"  It was a blast talking to her about healthy eating and fitness!

I also had an amazing opportunity today to more involve myself with the Y.  Through a very random conversation about being at camp on the lake, I got myself into becoming a certified lifeguard -- they are desperate for one.  I start training on Monday!  It was crazy how fast that happened and I'm so pumped to do it!


Supper was warmed up Mexican Quonia and a glass of milk.

The little boy Erick had a little birthday party tonight so I went and had a small piece of cake and watched him open presents.  I think I played more with his new toys than talked to the other adults!  A kid at heart!  I didn't bring my camera since I thought I'd only be there a little while, but it turned into about an hour!


Just thought I'd show off my fancy Y shirt and name tag!  I'm getting a fleece jacket and a few other shirts as well.  Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. This is fun reading it after I heard you tell me the story; so ironic, because you word your blog almost exactly the same way you tell it out loud.

    Also, you use a lot of exclamation points! Hello, enthusiasm! :)

    P.S. I follow you. Follow me. :)

    ReplyDelete