Thursday, September 6, 2012

Happy Eggs + Why the Y

This morning I became a morning person.  I got up at 5:10 and started up the black beans.  I was able to read my Bible, eat breakfast, make lunch all in my pajamas and slippers.  How wonderful!

I left you suspense as to what I was making with these new black beans.  Well...


I made Mexican Quonia (pronounced KEEN-wa)!  I got the recipe here.  But modified the recipe.  I realized I had forgotten to get the tomatoes from home so I quick Facebooked mom (thank goodness she always is logged into Facebook!  Even at 6:30 in the morning).  I asked if salsa would work.  It did.  Then I forgot about the corn..  I didn't grab any from home either..  That's what I get for not making a list!  So I just omitted the corn.  I'm definitely going to try it with the proper ingredients next time!  But it turned out splendidly!  I brought it for lunch (pictured above) and it was so tasty!


I think my eggs were happy I was up so early because they smiled at me right when they got in the pan!


The yokes broke, but they were still delicious!  I even got orange juice with my eggs since I bought it grocery shopping the other day.  It tasted so good!

I had weight training this morning and actually got to lift!  It felt so good!  I started out with a quick walk.  I then rotated biceps, triceps, shoulders.  At 8:30 Coach O set up mats in the gym and we did an ab workout.  That KILLED!  My abs hurt so bad!  I haven't worked them since June and I can definitely tell!

She said we can do some plank work next week.  I am stoked!

After school was done it was off to work.  I painted the Child Watch's bathroom.  I wish I could have gotten a picture of it.  It is bright yellow and has a tiny little toilet in it!  I bet I'd feel like Buddy the Elf when he's at the North Pole!  But it was so cute!!

After work I hoped on the elliptical for half an hour.  I saw someone going backwards on it the other day.  So about half way through I switched directions and targeted the tops of my thighs and my calves.  I never knew I could do that!  It was pretty cool!


For supper I wasn't very ambitious and had the rest of the leftover pork loin, a greek yogurt and a glass of milk.  Pretty unbalanced!  But the yogurt hit the spot!

Why the Y?
(reasons I love the YMCA)


  1.  Flexible work hours
  2. It is Christian based
  3. It teaches social responsibilities (of which we are oh-so-lacking)
  4. The kids that go to day camp plant and nurture a garden!
  5. The Y then sells the produce and gives all the money to a Y in the Dominican Republic.
  6. There are so many cute old people who work out.  Legitly!
  7. There is mentally challenged man who walks the track everyday and talks to himself the whole way.  It is so fun to listen to him!  Last time I saw him he was counting the laps he walked in English, German, Spanish and French!
  8. Today a cute old couple came in holding hands
  9. All the classes available to the members for free
  10. Whenever I leave the desk people thank me for coming
  11. As I was washing windows an old lady asked me if that's all I did here since she had seen me doing it yesterday.  But then she equated it to cooking and doing dishes.
  12. As a lady was coming in and I was washing windows, she made my day by telling me they looked beautiful
  13. All the member are very kind
  14. I get to work there!!


That's all I have today, but I'm planning for another early morning tomorrow so it's off to bed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment