Saturday, August 11, 2012

No-Bake Breakfast Bites

Happy Saturday!!

Yesterday started with a great cup of joe.  And a few of those flourless cookies may have committed suicide in my coffee. ;)


I visited with a lady in my building who I'm going to babysit for next week (remember the little boy Erick I mentioned earlier?!  Yeah! It's him!)  She showed me around then we went and played outside for a little while with him.

I packed and ate a quick lunch before heading out the door.  I met mom at the church we mow and got it done in two and a half hours.

After coming home I got ready for a bon fire my high school friend was having.  As long as we have been friends I had never been to her house.  Something was always going on when she had parties.  So this time I was set on going!  It was such a great time to see old friends again.  Even though we've all been through so many different experiences through college, we can still come together and it's like we've never been apart!  I love that about friends!


We had hotdogs to roast over the fire (which is the ONLY way I like hotdogs!), chips, cookies, Twizzlers and yes, that is FunDip in the cardboard box.  We are such junkies when we get together!  And you can see supplies for s'mores.


Our fire was magnificent!  And was kept up by our residence Girl Scout Amee!  Thanks Ames!


When the time was right, I made myself a s'more and decided to do it the right way and take my time so that it was nice and gooey in the center.  I roasted it till it was golden brown, then set it on fire to give it that crispy burnt flavor crystals!  I blew it out in one big puff and since it was melted all the way through, it kind of exploded!  It was a great laugh!


This morning I made No-Bake Breakfast Bites.  I got the recipe from Get Fit With Mandy.  Here's the recipe:

No-Bake Breakfast Bites
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup hone
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup butterscotch chips (or mini chocolate chips)

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.  Chill for 30 minutes.  Roll into ball form and store in airtight container for up to a week.

And there you are!  Easier than pie breakfast "cookies!"


I've been craving homemade bread for a couple days now and so I thought I'd give it a try while I'm at home and have all the ingredients hands.  This is called Scots Baps.  It was a very simple recipe with not too many ingredients.  They turned out pretty good!  I'm can't wait to try one with jam on it for breakfast!


I'm off for another get together with high school friends tonight!  What are your plans for this beautiful weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment