Thursday, August 9, 2012

Crafty Impulses

Lucky you!  I'm posting two posts today!  After I was done with my last post I really was craving cookies.  I decided to make flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.  Dean had all the ingredients except the chocolate chips.  Obviously you need that!  I ran to Walmart and picked up some chips and another jar of PB.  The cashier gave me my two small items in a plastic bag and I thought of how wasteful that was (...foreshadow...).

I went back home and whipped up some cookies.  Here's the recipe!  It's gluten free, easy and tastes like regular cookies!  I got this recipe from Peanut Butter Runner.



Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup natural salted peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Kosher/sea salt to finish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together peanut butter, sugars, vanilla, egg and chocolate chips.  Roll cookies into a ball (a little more than a tablespoon per cookie) and place on baking sheet. Gently flatten with fork, making a criss cross pattern and then sprinkle with kosher or sea salt. Bake for about 9-12 minutes or until puffy and slightly golden. I like to take mine out a little before they seem ready so that they are extra chewy.
Viola!  Easy and so tasty!  This yields about 20 cookies.

While the cookies were in the oven I quickly made a no-sew reusable grocery bag.  Check it out!

Get the directions here!


I hope you enjoyed your extra supplement of AWiP!  Have a great Thursday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment