Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Baking Ambitions

My weekend at home was fabulous!  It was strange living there but out of a suitcase!  This will take some getting used to!  I love being able to come home and have a waterbed to sleep in and a cat who will sleep with me!


I saw there was fresh peach pie on the counter when I got home Friday afternoon but didn't get a piece 'til Sunday afternoon.  It was very worth the wait!

I didn't get much sleep the night before due to being out late with some friends, so I crashed on the couch for two glorious hours!  I woke up just in time to look alive when the members of our Sunday night Bible study group arrived.  After the study I was back off to Willmar.  With many cooking supplies as well!  Mom equipped me with a cookie sheet, bread pans, flour, sugar and lots of other groceries!  I can't wait for all the food I can make this week!


My uncle has this in his cupboard and told me to try it.  This morning, I did.  I agree with him that it has a gritty texture and it isn't the best.  Although he says the chocolate one is amazing and tastes unhealthy it's so good!  I definitely will be trying that when I get some of this myself!


I made (unhealthy) muffins for lunch.  They were so good.  But I failed epically as a girlfriend.  I didn't know that Matt doesn't like muffins.  So he didn't eat one.  It made me sad, but I will never make that mistake again!

Matt spent the day here.  I showed him around Willmar a bit then we played video games since was hadn't done that together in a long time.  I actually enjoy it!  We watched a movie, then he had to go.


All in all it was a great day and weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment