Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Weight Training Class!

Yesterday I was scheduled to run two miles in the morning.  I stayed up late the night before so I knew it would be better for me to sleep in.  I had an eight o'clock class: my weight training class!

I was in a hurry, so I didn't get a picture of my two eggs with toast and homemade raspberry jam.

When I arrived at school, I had to find the gym.  I knew my class was close to it, so I trekked all the way across campus.  I stood outside the weight room with several guys then, around the corner came another girl!  We were both very excited!  We are the only two girls in the class.  Besides the teacher, who is a woman.  Both me and the other girl admit that it was because the teacher was a female that we signed up for the class.

We basically went through how the class is going to work.  It's basically going to be a time to work out so we can get into a routine.  I'm so very excited about this class!  We get credit for working out!

After my first two classes, it was off to the Y to clean some more.  I was there for about an hour and a half.  Then I had to rush back home to change and warm up my soup.  On Sunday I made "Pantry-Ready Black Bean Soup"  I then put it in freezer boxes, froze them, and brought three back to Will-mar with me.


It's a vegan dish and so tasty!  I'll put up the recipe tomorrow.

I had one more class then back to the Y again.


Supper was a Biggest Loser Cookbook recipe.  I tweaked it.  A lot.  Grilled chicken mixed with 1 tablespoon of light ranch, a dash of curry and lime juice.  All packed in a whole wheat tortilla and stuffed with leaf lettuce and sprinkled with feta cheese.  It was quite tasty!

Today, again, I slept in and had a leisurely morning since my first class was at nine.


Strawberry Mango Smoothie:
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup fresh mango
1 freshly squeezed orange

Add 1 tsp honey or ice if needed.

Now it's off for a lovely chicken lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment