Monday, August 27, 2012

A [Planned] Week of Eats

I'm back and ready to get into a steady pace of life.


This past Saturday I made a list of all that I wanted to eat this week.  I made sure I could use the leftovers and I would have time to make and eat it in the time that I had.  I then made a long grocery list that my mother so graciously bought for me.  (I'm a little spoiled now and then!)

Today was a day of firsts: first day at the Y working and the first day of school!

It was so exciting to be in school again, but so strange.  I miss all my Maranatha friends terribly and feel like I'm not going to make as good of friends at Ridgewater as I did at MBBC.  But I know I'll make friends and I'm trying to keep positive!

I was up and out biking by 6:40.  A 25 minute bike ride was all I could fit in this morning.  I made the terrible mistake of wearing a razor back shirt and was chilled all the way through for my entire ride!  I made it through though!


Breakfast was oatmeal with a fresh peach over it.  It was supposed to be chai oatmeal, but of course I forgot to soak the tea in the water before I mixed it with oatmeal.  It was good like this anyway!

It was off to the Y to clean.  This week is "shutdown week" where there is some serious cleaning going on and repainting and repairs and floors.  I spend almost the whole three hours dusting with an extra long duster.  I got pretty much all the pipes in the ceiling in the upstairs.  My neck and shoulders were killing me after, but it felt good.



Before I went to work in the morning, I prepared my lunch.  A turkey sandwich with spinach, lettuce, avocado, ranch and cheese.  It was exceptional!  The avocado really made it!

I had enough time when I returned to sit and eat.

Then it was off to school for me.  I had to get a parking permit before classes started.  And of course by the time I got there I forgot my plate number so I had to walk out to my truck again.  I got it all squared away and was off to class.  I'm very thankful that Kim is going for photography as well.  It's so nice to have someone to talk to when you know no one.

I didn't need to return to the Y after classes, so I went home to relax.  I got hungry and snacked on some crackers.  I then had a small handful of chocolate chips which led to (nothing good, ever!) another handful which led to making flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.  I only ate the dough and froze the rest.  Maybe I'll actually bake some.


For supper I made a personal pan Spinach Basil Pesto Pizza.  This is such an excellent alternative to frozen pizza.  It was so much better!  Here's how I made it:

I used a whole wheat tortilla for the crust, then added the pesto.  It consisted of one garlic clove, one cup of spinach, half a cup of basil and about two or three tablespoons of olive oil blended together to make a paste.  The recipe suggested pine nuts, but I omitted them.  Then I added thinly sliced Roma tomatoes with mozzarella cheese.  I baked it at 425 till the cheese was bubbling a little brown.

It was so easy to make and through together!  I'm definitely going to try it again!

Well it's off to bed for me!  I've got a run waiting for me in the morning along with my first day of weight training class!  (I'm so excited!)

No comments:

Post a Comment